Set back about 50 meters (55 yards) from the street at the end of a wide paving-stone driveway, the hotel offers 83 guestrooms in a four-story, white-and-gray building constructed in 1900 and remodeled in 2003. Guestroom doors are designed like gilt-framed paintings, with each door adorned by a copy of a past Italian notable's portrait, and a brass plaque identifying the subject and the painter.
Ultra-contemporary room decor contains grid-patterned walls and ceilings of black or fuchsia leather or fuchsia cloth, with tiny fiber-optic lights set into grids' intersections, creating a starlit-night effect. Lighting also includes 6-foot white-acrylic column lamps, floor-level nightlights, and spotlights above high desks, with swivel stools located at beds' feet. Bedside consoles control all lights.
Platform beds are slightly elevated on wood platforms. Drawings of clothes on hangers decorate closets. Mosaic-tile bathrooms by Italian tile-maker Bisazza contain shower/tub combinations or walk-in showers with rainshower heads and no tubs. All-white bedding includes linen bed covers. In addition to standard pillows, a pillow menu offers four choices.
High-tech features include 32-inch plasma televisions with complimentary movies and sports, and Internet access via wireless keyboards (surcharge). Desks include electrical outlets and high-speed Internet connections (surcharge) for laptop computers. Slippers provide lounging comfort.