Visit the Cinque Terre, “The Five Lands” known for its beauty. The man-made terraces on the rugged landscape provides a breathtaking view of the sea and part of the charm is the lack of visible “modern” development.
Riomaggiore is the first of the Cinque Terre where you will be escorted on an easy walk along the famous “Lovers’ Walk” trail that affords magnificent views of the coastline. As you enjoy a delightful and relaxing stroll, the magic and beauty of the Cinque Terre will start to reveal itself to you!
The tour continues on to Manarola, the most photogenic of the five villages. Explore a myriad of narrow alleys and pretty pastel squares that epitomize the man-made beauty of the Cinque Terre. Take a time-out from your day tour of the Cinque Terre to enjoy a wine tasting of the local renowned wines at a cozy wine-bar.
From Manarola, you will travel by boat to Vernazza, arguably the most beautiful of the five villages that make up the Cinque Terre. Vernazza faces the water with its large open harbor, castle and church. Enjoy a relaxing lunch at one of the open-air restaurants that line the waterfront or enjoy a stroll through the back-streets of the town above the harbor to enjoy splendid views along the coast.
Take time to explore the town before driving up to Corniglia, the only one of the Cinque Terre towns not located directly on the water. The terraced hills are covered with vineyards that remind visitors of Corniglia’s wine that has been produced here since ancient times, so famous that vases excavated at Pompeii boast of its virtues. From the town’s belvedere, you can enjoy some of the best views of the Cinque Terre, making it the ideal place to finish the day tour.
- Lovers’ Walk Trail at Riomaggiore
- Boat ride to Vernazza
- Local expert English speaking driver/guide
- Entrance fees to the Coastal Footpath along the Cinque Terre
- Tickets for the boat ride along the Cinque Terre or local train when boat is unavailable
- Mercedes or similar make air-conditioned minivan
- Meals and drinks (unless specified)
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- For logistical reasons, your driver/guide will escort guests as far as Manorola, taking care of the tickets for the boat ride to Vernazza. After the tour, he will collect the guests to return to Florence.
- This tour has a 5 passenger minimum requirement and is subject to cancellation if minimum is not met.
- Infant car seat is available by request.
- Operation of public boats is subject to weather conditions. If boats cannot be used, the transfer between towns will be by train or by minivan.